Yarrow (angelweed) wrote,

Terrible news

There is a new Medicaid law that will deny Marsha coverage, since she doesn't have a birth certificate or any other documentation.

I wasn't too worried at first, since Delaware sent me my birth certificate some years ago only requiring that I knew my parent's full names. But Texas requires something like a driver's license, or other documentation Marsha doesn't have.

It's not clear to me yet whether this is going to hit Marsha almost immediately, or next year. I hope it's next year, because I am barely functional right now. It looks like Marsha will be going into a wound-care program here at the hospital until her bed sores are healed, which should be very good news; but while I think I could cover a year in a regular nursing home by selling my house, I don't know how much of this program I can cover. Months? Weeks?

There are various things I can try, but I am so damned tired. If anyone can refer me to a good Medicaid lawyer I'd be grateful.

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.